1) If you transport the child care children on a regular basis in your car, your personal car insurance policy will cover you if there is an accident. True or False?
2) If a parent of a child in your program slips and falls on the front steps to your home, your homeowners insurance policy will probably cover you. True or False?
3) If you don’t have business liability insurance, a parent cannot win a legal judgment against you in court for an accident suffered by her child in your program. True or False?
4) If there is a fire or tornado that destroys your furniture, appliances, and home furnishings that you owned before you went into business, your homeowners insurance policy will probably only cover you for a few thousand dollars of damage. True or False?
5) If you follow safe business practices and purchase a lot of business liability insurance, you won’t be sued by an angry parent. True or False?
Tom Copeland – www.tomcopelandblog.com
Image credit: easytorecall.com
For more information about insurance, see my book Family Child Care Legal and Insurance Guide.