KidKare (formerly known as Minute Menu) is now available to all family child care providers!
This premier family child care record keeping software has been upgraded so it is accessible through any internet connection: Mac, any modern mobile phone or tablet, laptop, and Kindle Fire.
This comes as good news for the many Mac users (myself included).
This online software program is most commonly used by child care providers to complete their Food Program paperwork and electronically submit claims to their participating Food Program sponsor. KidKare contains built-in CACFP approved meals, ingredients, pre-planned menus, as well as easy-to-track meal counts and attendance records.
KikKare also contains the most comprehensive record keeping program designed specifically for family child care providers. It tracks parent payments, prints invoices, calculates your Time-Space percentage, and tracks all business expenses.
The program is updated each year with current mileage and meal allowance rates, and it organizes business expenses into categories that match IRS tax forms. Its fifteen printable reports make it easy for you or your tax professional to fill out your tax forms.
If you have not seen Minute Menu/KidKare before, you owe it to yourself to see how it can save you a lot of time and money!
Here is a short video that introduces you to the accounting features of KidKare:
Current Users of Minute Menu
If you are currently using the Accounting section of Minute Menu through your Food Program sponsor, or have purchased Minute Menu on your own, you will see a screen that will tell you how to import your data onto KidKare. It will take 1-2 minutes to upload your 2016 and 2015 data. Nothing will be lost! Your data before 2015 will be still be accessible, but in read only mode.
After your data is imported into KidKare you will be asked to enter your credit card information. Your credit card will only be charged after your current annual subscription has expired. You will be notified when your subscription is about to expire. You can cancel the $8 monthly fee at any time.
If you are currently using Minute Menu through your Food Program sponsor but your sponsor has not transitioned over to KidKare, you won’t be able to access KidKare until your sponsor does the transition or you purchase KidKare separately. Contact your sponsor about transitioning to KidKare as soon as they can so you can access the new KidKare!
- If you currently use Minute Menu and are not connected to Minute Menu through a Food Program sponsor, you won’t be able to transition to KidKare until Monday or Tuesday (December 5th or 6th).
- If your Food Program sponsor currently pays for you to use Minute Menu Kid Pro you won’t have to pay for the upgrade to KidKare.
- You don’t have to be on a Food Program to be able to use KidKare!
- If you just subscribed to Minute Menu Kids Pro before the transition to KidKare, your annual subscription will continue and you won’t have to pay for KidKare until your subscription runs out.
The Child Care Business Partnership
Users of KidKare can get help to take full advantage of the Accounting section by joining The Child Care Business Partnership.
For $15 a year I will provide the following services:
1) Free review of your tax return –
Tom can review your current or last year’s tax return to see if you made any errors. He can spot missing deductions and let you know if they were prepared properly. Make sure you pay no more in taxes than you owe!
2) Personal Record Keeping Help – Tom can review your KidKare reports at any time and show you how to effectively use the software so you can save time and money.
3) IRS Audit Assistance – Tom will offer you extensive assistance if you are audited by the IRS or your state to help reduce your stress and save you money.
4) Personalized Business Advice – Tom will answer your questions about all aspects of your business (taxes, contracts, marketing, legal, insurance, money management and retirement) so you can be more successful and spend more time with children and your family.
Members of the Partnership will be able to view a series of instructional videos on how to more effectively use the Accounting section of KidKare. See more details on how The Child Care Business Partnership can help you save time and money.
All for only a $15 annual fee! And it’s 100% tax deductible!
Money back guarantee: If you join The Child Care Business Partnership and don’t save at least $15 on your taxes I will give you your money back!
It’s the best business investment you can make for $15.