It’s tax season and family child care providers want to take advantage of the unique tax rules affecting their business.
My two webinars in February will focus on two of these unique rules – the ability to deduct hundreds of household items and the Time-Space Percentage.
This webinar (Tuesday, 10-11:30pm Eastern Time) will cover:
* The key tax deductions that will save you the most money on your taxes
• How to defend your tax deduction if your tax preparer doesn’t believe you can deduct it
• What records you need to have to claim your deductions
• How to reconstruct your records if you don’t have them
This webinar (Saturday, 11am- 12:30pm) will cover:
* What hours you can count for your Time Percent when children are not present in your home
• How to keep an accurate record of the hours you work in your home, particularly when children are not present
• How to determine the total square footage of your home
• How to determine if a room in your home is used “regularly” or only “occasionally” for your business
• How to determine if you can use the “exclusive use room” rule to greatly increase your Time-Space Percentage
The cost for each webinar is $25 if you are a member of the National Association for Family Child Care or $40 if you are not.
Each webinar lasts an hour and a half. Certificates of attendance are sent to participants after the webinar is over. Check with your licensor to see if the webinars qualify for training credit in your area.
Participants will receive a copy of the webinar power point and handouts. You have the chance to talk directly to Tom during the webinar.
The webinar will be recorded so you can view it later if you can’t attend the live broadcast.
For more information, contact Mandi Schill, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-886-2322 (ext 4618).
Tom Copeland – www.tomcopelandblog.com
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/notionscapital/
For more information about record keeping, see my book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide.